Hiscox aims to be a respected international specialist insurance and reinsurance company. Our success in delivering profitable growth for shareholders is based on our strategy of having a balanced portfolio of volatile international catastrophe business and more steady local and regional business.
Putting our strategy into practice
- Our diversity in product lines and geography gives us the flexibility to take advantage of market conditions by focusing on the right areas at the right time
- We are consistently growing market share within our retail products lines
- We challenge convention in our specialist areas to offer market leading products and services to our customers
- We have a history of disciplined financial and capital management to maximise profitable performance
- We have built a reputation for being a great company with great people and great relationships by doing business according to our values
Robert Hiscox: Our Values
These are the fundamental principles we believe in and they are qualities we wish to be known for. At the heart of this is a restless ethos to challenge convention in our industry, our operations and our service to customers.
Courage – dare to be different
Quality – good enough is not enough
Integrity – true to our word
Excellence in execution – see it through, thoroughly
Respect – ruthless in decision, considerate in execution