Hiscox is committed to ensuring our online products and services are accessible to everyone, regardless of their ability. Providing an accessible website has a positive effect on general usability and we believe that websites that are accessible and usable benefit everyone.
If you have a question about web accessibility or feedback about our website please contact us or email us at: email@example.com
Web accessibility standards
We are aiming to design this site to conform to the double-A level of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) web content accessibility guidelines version 1.0 (WCAG 1.0). This site has been validated against XHTML 1.0 Transitional.
We also try to ensure that:
- All images in our sites contain appropriate alternate text
- Pages and images on this website are optimised to load quickly and smoothly
- All foreground and background colours are checked to ensure sufficient contrast, or given alternative text in the case of images
- Our content is written clearly, concisely, free of jargon and in plain English
- All pages use headings
- All ‘calls to action’ highlighted with icons and/or different colour font or underlined
- Symbols (e.g.) are used in context and for their semantic use
- Consistent navigation and page layouts are used
- All forms are navigable using a keyboard
- We have submit buttons on all forms
- We use cascading style sheets to control layout and presentation