- New optional personal cyber insurance cover protects against online threats
- Cover for drones and increased single item limits also included
- 20 enhancements offer home insurance clients more comprehensive, competitive protection
London, UK (18 August 2017) - Specialist insurer Hiscox has re-launched its leading 606 Home Insurance product in the UK and Ireland with a new policy wording designed to offer even more comprehensive and competitive protection for their clients’ homes and contents.
The new-look Hiscox 606 Home Insurance product includes 20 enhancements ranging from drone cover and optional personal cyber insurance to increased single item limits and enhanced building and renovations protection.
Key improvements to the Hiscox 606 Home Insurance product include:
- New personal cyber insurance: additional optional cover designed to protect Hiscox 606 customers against online threats to their computer networks, laptops, tablets, mobiles and personal programs
- Cover for drones: up to the amount insured for contents, physical loss or physical damage to the policyholders drone, as well as cover for damages if the policyholder’s drone causes bodily injury or damage to the property of others
- Additional protection: up to £100,000 for buildings works, materials and supplies for use on works to extend, renovate or build the policyholders home against physical loss or physical damage
- Increased item limits: cover up to £50,000 for unspecified single fine art items and up to £25,000 for unspecified single valuable items
- Emergency closure: cover up to £5,000 if the policyholder is prohibited from living in or instructed to leave their home by a local authority or emergency service, even if there is no damage.
Justin Gott, Head of Art and Private Client at Hiscox UK and Ireland, commented: “We’re constantly working to improve our products and ensure they meet the evolving needs of our brokers and their customers. Our expanded cover takes into account new and emerging risks, such as drones and personal cyber risks, and means we can continue to deliver against our promise to provide market-leading products in those areas where we have deep expertise, backed up by our powerful brand and fantastic claims service.”
The updated 606 Home Insurance is available immediately for new policyholders and will also be applied to any future renewals. For more information about Hiscox 606 Home Insurance visit https://www.hiscox.co.uk/broker/private-client-insurance/606-home-and-contents-insurance.
For further information please contact:
|Katie Bergin||+44 (0) 20 7448 6459||[email protected]|
Notes to editors
About The Hiscox Group
Hiscox is a global specialist insurer, headquartered in Bermuda and listed on the London Stock Exchange (LSE:HSX). Our ambition is to be a respected specialist insurer with a diverse portfolio by product and geography. We believe that building balance between catastrophe-exposed business and less volatile local specialty business gives us opportunities for profitable growth throughout the insurance cycle. It’s a long-standing strategy which in 2016 helped generate gross premiums written of £2,402.6 million and a record profit before tax of £354.5 million.
The Hiscox Group employs over 2,300 people in 13 countries, and has customers worldwide. Through the retail businesses in the UK, Europe, Asia and the US, we offer a range of specialist insurance for professionals and business customers as well as homeowners. Internationally traded, bigger ticket business and reinsurance is underwritten through Hiscox London Market and Hiscox Re and ILS.
Our values define our business, with a focus on people, quality, courage and excellence in execution. We pride ourselves on being true to our word and our award-winning claims service is testament to that. For more information, visit www.hiscoxgroup.com.
All press releases